Having permanent makeup applied is a technique both men and women take advantage of for several reasons. Some use it strictly for cosmetic reasons such as permanent tattooing of eyebrows and lips, beards and bald spots, or to add permanent eyeliner. Others use the technique to address medical related issues such as alopecia, areola restoration after breast surgery, and to camouflage scars.
If you are considering having unsightly scars left by a surgical procedure, an injury, burns, or a natural occurrence such as acne addressed, there are several things you need to know before scheduling an appointment.
- Choose only a paramedical tattoo professional with certification from the American Academy of Micropigmentation Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals to do the work.
- Select a certified professional with the proper training and experience especially if your skin has been subjected to radiation or laser treatments or burns. Skin affected by these issues are handled with special techniques not necessary for unaffected or normal skin.
- Use the services of a professional who has significant experience working with the procedure you require.
- The technician should have an easily accessible portfolio outlining their experience with pictures before and after the procedure.
- Listen carefully to what the technician has to say about the procedure. Realistic results about what you should and shouldn’t expect should be clearly explained before having the procedure implemented.
Contact The Whitney Center for Permanent Cosmetics to schedule an appointment or for answers to any questions you may have about the permanent makeup. Visit our Facebook page for additional information and comments. The center specializes in medical and cosmetic tattooing with offices in New York, New Jersey and Florida.