It's Hot, But Permanent Makeup Keeps You Cool
Temperatures climbed over the Fourth of July holiday, but some of us were able to keep our "cool" by wearing permanent makeup instead of sticky liquids and creams.
Permanent makeup can give you the freedom too to look your best even in summer's heat. Now's the time to plan ahead to look great regardless what the weather!
Looking cool and beautiful can be a trick when summer heat and humidity begin to climb, the sweat starts to trickle and your makeup threatens to slide down your face. These summer makeup tips will help you maintain your fabulous look even when the temperature soars:
- Stay hydrated. The human body is 60%
water so carry a water bottle in your
bag and sip away to keep skin plumped
- Moisturize at least twice a day with
a moisturizer containing SPF 15 to 30
sunscreen to protect your face from the
damaging ultra-violet rays.
- Summer makeup should be applied with
a light touch. Go with a lightweight
foundation and powder. Silicone
formulas won’t melt when temperatures
- Use a lightweight oil-free primer under
foundation to help base and blush last
longer. You only need a pea-sized drop
for your whole face and won’t even
feel that extra layer.
- Instead of powder blushes, try a sheer
cream, liquid or gel blush. Powders
cake in the heat and humidity, but gels
and creams soak into skin.
- Draw attention to eyes and lips with
bright summer colors like peachy oranges
and pale rosy pinks. Always use waterproof
- Want to look fabulous no matter how hot it gets? Invest in permanent makeup you'll wonder why you waited so long!